Go Fish Jell-O Aquariums


One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish! How may of us could recite at least one Dr. Seuss book from memory, as well as a few pages of Good Night Moon? This summer I tried my best to keep the kids occupied with fun activities and when I found this edible craft I knew it was a keeper. While these little aquariums didn't photograph very well, they were super easy and super fun to make and brought lots of smiles to the kids' faces. Get creative with your aquarium by using Skittles as gravel or green licorice as seaweed. If you would rather make it a bit healthier use fish shaped cookie cutters to make your aquarium creatures out of fruit.

Ingredients
2 packages Blue Raspberry Jell-O
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
10 Swedish fish or gummy sharks
5 cups or glasses 9 oz each -- I like the Solo Cocktail Cups.
1 toothpick

Directions
  • Stir boiling water into blue gelatin until dissolved.
  • Stir cold water into gelatin.
  • Pour 8 oz of liquid gelatin into cups.
  • Refrigerate about an hour.
  • When Jell-O starts to set gently pierce the Swedish fish and place in cup and shimmy out the toothpick.
  • Refrigerate another hour or until set.

Servings
Makes 5 servings 8 oz. each

A Broken Oven Tip
Next time I make this I think I'll use 1 package blue raspberry and 1 package clear Jell-O flavor such as the white grape so you'd be able to see the fish better.

No comments:

Post a Comment